Welcome campers, players and newbie’s alike! We are so excited for this year’s Campout! To ensure you have the best time possible, take a look at our camping tips and cover your bases. We understand camping can be hard work and a bit confusing at a new venue, so don’t be afraid to reach out online or on-site if you need any help.
The flock is growing every day, so get excited to embrace all of your bird homies old and new! The most important packing tip is to bring your good vibes, unique style and serious moves and get ready to unleash them all on the dance floor at Campout. Get ready to fly with the flock and boogie till you drop!
Here are some packing tips so you can successfully eat, sleep, boogie, repeat…
Keeping Yourself In Check
• ID and printed ticket
• Clothes for all weather occasions – prep for warm days & cold nights.
• SOS (Save Our Skin): sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen. Plus, bring a hat!
• Bandana, scarf and sunglasses to protect yourself when the dust kicks up
• Comfortable shoes (you’ll thank yourself later): boots, sneakers and other closed toed shoes are ideal. Pro-tip: extra socks!
• Toiletries + shower shoes: for the not-so-dirty campers.
• Your own unique style!
Resting at Campout is Crucial to Rallying
• Tent + hammer or malet and heavy duty stakes!
• Air mattress or cushion of some sort
• Warm blankets & sleeping bag
• Ear plugs & eye mask
Camper Home & Kitchen Essentials
• Throw some shade: EZ Ups & other shade structures make a world of a difference!
• Bring Your Own H2O! Our new home won’t have water refill stations this year! Please come prepared with 1.5 gallons of drinking water per person, per day + any extra water needed for cooking or washing.
• Lighting: flashlight, LED string lights, headlamp, lantern
• Tie it down: tape, rope, zip ties, bungee chords
• Snacks (like fruit, dried fruit, trail mix, nuts, granola bars, veggies, hummus, crackers)
• Cooler + Ice
• Backpack: skip going back to camp for supplies, bring snacks & essentials for those long days exploring all Camp Dirtybird has to offer!
• Baby Wipes/sanitizer: for when you don’t wanna shower.
• Soap: if you have dishes or utensils to wash. We recommend Dr. Bronners!
• Vitamins and prescription meds (with prescription)
• First Aid Kit: if only we were invincible
• Towels for when you get so dirty on the dance floor, a shower is inevitable.
• Toilet paper: because you never know.
• Please note there will not be free water refill stations at Campout this year! Bring gallon jugs of water! 1.5 gallons per day, per person + any water you need for cooking, cleaning or washing! Pro-tip: bring a reusable water bottle & avoid bringing single-use plastic water bottles.
• Trash bags – YOU are responsible for your camp’s trash! Pack it in, pack it out!
• Sort Your Stuff! Trash, compost and recycle labels for your camp’s trash.
• Limit waste by bringing reusable plates, cups and silverware.
• Rags/dish towels and non-toxic soap for washing.
• Camper Uniform (uniform shirt will be available at the merch booth if you don’t have one!)
• Your craziest, wackiest, most hilarious costume for DBC’s first-ever Best In Show!
• Blank T-Shirt for Tie Dye and Screen Printing
• A bike for the Bike Decorating Workshop and/or the first-ever Tour de Dance!
• Any special supplies for the Totem Crafting Workshop.
• Dancing Shoes
• Talent show props and instruments
• Scary or funny stories for Fireside Storytelling
• Other camp-related shenanigans
• Your Game Face!
Other Fun Stuff
• Totem, to find your group!
• Face Paint. Pro tip: Glitter is actually tiny pieces of plastic that cannot be broken down by the environment, so using glitter actually does more harm than good, stick to face paint or get you some biodegradable glitter!
• Camp decorations
• Disposable or polaroid camera: better than losing your phone!
NO Fireworks, fire tools or fire lanterns
NO Charcoal grills or open flame stoves: try a propane stove!
NO Public nudity
NO Sound systems
NO Dogs/pets: for service dogs, email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instruction
NO Illegal drugs/substances
NO Weapons of any kind: You don’t need a coconut machete to have a good time.
NO Coolers in festival grounds
NO Glass bottles or glass containers outside of campgrounds
**All persons, items and vehicles are subject to search upon entry by Security and Law Enforcement.**
** No Charcoal BBQ’s or open flame of any kind due to the CA state drought / high fire risk. The BBQ’s will take place on Saturday and Sunday, and there will also be several delicious food vendors. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding! **