DIRTYBIRD CAMPOUT IS ON THE MOVE!
After two incredible years at Oak Canyon Park, we’re excited to announce our relocation to Dirtybird Campout’s new home at the San Antonio Campground!
In searching for a new home, it was crucial for our team to find a venue that would enhance and improve the attendee experience. Our new home will provide a true and fully immersive Campout experience, with more trees and ample space for new games, activities, and double the music lineup.
We acknowledge and apologize for the delayed timing of this news. For those with additional questions regarding travel and planning, please visit our FAQ page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to everyone that has supported the Dirtybird Campout over the past two years in SoCal. We’re very excited about the opportunity to grow at this new space, while still maintaining our roots as a close-knit festival family with banging music, ridiculous games and all the best camp shenanigans a Bird could ask for.
5 Upgrades to the New Dirtybird Campout Venue
When I had the initial idea for Campout in 2015, I wanted to combine the best pieces of all the other festivals I’ve been to – but with a carefree, fun and uniquely Dirtybird edge. Over the last two years we’ve done that and then some, thanks to the DB + Do LaB teams and, of course, all of you.
Oak Canyon Park was an incredible place to start this crazy experiment called Dirtybird Campout and it has truly become my favorite weekend of the year. For 2017, we’ve decided to make San Antonio Campground our home; in the new location, we can keep perfecting our vision for the best adult summer camp (with the best soundtrack).
Here are a few Campout upgrades you can expect from the move:
The best camping experience yet
- With a genuine campground and a bigger, more sprawling venue, DBC will have more space for everyone – not to mention better space. Get ready for a campsite with ample shade and lots of grass and trees.
Hiking, wildlife and nature galore
- Listen beneath the basslines, and you’ll hear the call of the wild. In San Antonio, hiking trails and all sorts of outdoor adventures abound. And then there are those killer views…
Easier for our Bay Area and Norcal Fam
- Getting in and out of Los Angeles isn’t always easy. At an equal distance from both SF & LA, campers can count on more fun when the Central Coast fans and the San Fran Fam show up.
New terrain = new games
- With new home comes a brand-new crop of games and activities. Crowd (and Claude) favorites like kickball and archery will remain, but we’ll also have a fresh track for the final Ironbird relay and some new contests that take advantage of our new spot.
- We’ll share more about our plans for this edition of Campout in a forthcoming announcement. For now, I’ll just say that some of them we’ve only dreamt of offering… Until now.
A Dedicated Second Stage
- Campout has always had a second area for music after dark (and into the morning). Now that we have more space to spread our wings, we’re adding a full-on second stage. That means even more of the beats and artists you love.
Subscribe to our Campout newsletter to find out about the sounds our stages will be packing, the new games you’ll be playing and everything we’re plotting to make Dirtybird Campout in 2017 the best one yet!
See you there, Birds
Keep the dream alive,
Head Counselor VonStroke
Featured photo by Juliana Bernstein // Get Tiny